ALPS Tents are known for offering great weather protection with full coverage flys and “more than normal” waterproof coating. Larger zippers, combined with strong fabrics and extra reinforcement sewing, make them extra durable. And of course, like all other ALPS products, they’re also very affordable. The Aztec series is new to the ALPS line and is a tent that you're going to want to check out for sure!
If you need a backpacking tent & want to stay dry on your next trip (and avoid the hassle of faulty zippers), this three person tent, the Aztec 3 is a great choice for you. The Aztec was designed with ample head room where you need it the most: getting in and out of the tent. You'll notice a big difference between the Aztec and a lot of other tents on the market when you don't have to crouch all the way down to get inside.
The Aztec also has a unique one-continuous pole design to make assembly a breeze. The pole design also gives the tent straight walls, which in turn gives you more room inside your tent. With factory sealed fly and floor seams, a full coverage fly, and 3000 mm coating, the Aztec is sure to keep you dry in the elements.
- Over-sized Zippers - For easy operation and long term durability
- Multi-Pass Coating - Thicker coating on the floor & fly sheets provide extra water repellency
- Factory-Sealed Fly and Floor Seams - Keeps out the rain, keeps you comfortable and dry.
- Free Standing Pole System with 7000 Series Aluminum Poles (aircraft alloy aluminum poles: strong, lightweight)
- Easy assembly w/ pole clips that quickly snap over the tent's poles
- 75D 185T Polyester Fly resists UV damage and stays taut
- Factory Sealed Fly & Floor Seams give best weather protection
- 75D 185T Taffeta Floor with 3000mm coating
- Extra Large #8 Zippers on Door & Vestibule makes opening and closing a breeze
- Easy entry & great ventilation with 2 Doors (both with zippered mesh windows)
- 2 vestibules for gear storage and extra weather protection
- Weatherproof Fly buckles on for maximum adjustability and protection
- Mesh Roof Vents increase ventilation and improve star gazing
- Full Coverage Fly offers maximum protection
- Extra Guy-outs on Fly to stabilize the tent in bad weather
- Floor Saver sold separately
Fly: 75D, 185T, Poly Taffeta, 1500mm Multi-pass Urethane coating
Floor: 75D, 185T, Poly Taffeta, 3000mm Multi-pass Urethane coating
Walls: 75D, 185T, Poly Taffeta
Mesh: Nylon No See-um Mesh, 40D
Frame: 7000-series aluminum
Base Size: 7'7 x 6'3
Center Height: Front = 4'3; Back = 2'11
Vestibule Depth: 35"
Tent Area: 42.5 sq. ft
Vestibule Area: 16.5 sq. ft.
Tent and Fly Weight: 6 lb. 10 oz.
Total Weight: 7 lb. 6 oz.
Packed Size: 8" x 19"
Pole Diameter: 9.5 mm
Use Rating: 3 Season
- Rain fly
- 7000 Series Aluminum Poles
- Pole Bag
- Stake Bag
- 7075 Aluminum Stakes
- Guy Rope
- Repair Swatches
- Mesh Storage Pocket
- Tent Bag