ALPS Tents are known for offering great weather protection with full coverage flys and “more than normal” waterproof coating. Larger zippers, combined with strong fabrics and extra reinforcement sewing, make them extra durable. And of course, like all other ALPS products, they’re also very affordable.
If you need a backpacking tent & want to stay dry on your next trip (and avoid the hassle of faulty zippers, this three person tent, the Chaos 3 is a great choice for you.
The Chaos is a one continuous pole design, free standing tent that is enhanced with 2 doors for easy entry and 2 vestibules for gear storage and extra weather protection. Assembly is really easy with the tent clips that just snap in place over the poles. The poles are all shock corded together as one continuous system.
The polyester fly and floor are urethane coated, factory sealed seams for maximum weather-proofness. The fly buckles to the tent, offering a much more secure attachment when compared to elastic cord. The mesh roof vents increase ventilation and improves star gazing. All these combined features, that make the Chaos 3 a great choice for any backpacking trip.
- Over-sized Zippers - For easy operation and long term durability
- Multi-Pass Coating - Thicker coating on the floor & fly sheets provide extra water repellency
- Factory-Sealed Fly and Floor Seams - Keeps out the rain, keeps you comfortable and dry
- Free Standing Pole System w/ 7000 Series Aluminum Poles (aircraft alloy aluminum poles: strong, lightweight)
- Easy assembly w/ pole clips that quickly snap over the tent's poles
- 75D 185T Polyester Fly resists UV damage and stays taut
- Factory Sealed Fly & Floor Seams give best weather protection
- 75D 185T Taffeta Floor with 2000mm coating
- Extra Large #8 Zippers on Door & Vestibule makes opening and closing a breeze
- Easy entry & great ventilation with 2 Doors (both with zippered mesh windows)
- 2 vestibules for gear storage and extra weather protection
- Weatherproof Fly buckles on for maximum adjustability and protection
- Mesh Roof Vents increase ventilation and improve star gazing
- Full Coverage Fly offers maximum protection
- Extra Guy-outs on Fly to stabilize the tent in bad weather
- Floor Saver sold separately
Fly: 75D, 185T, Poly Taffeta, 1500mm Multi-pass Urethane coating
Floor: 75D, 185T, Poly Taffeta, 2000mm Multi-pass Urethane coating
Walls: 75D, 185T, Poly Taffeta
Mesh: Nylon No See-um Mesh, 40D
Frame: 8.5 mm 7000-series aluminum
Base Size: 5'6 x 7'6
Center Height: 3'8
Vestibule Depth: 35"
Tent Area: 41 sq. ft
Vestibule Area: 22 sq. ft.
Tent and Fly Weight: 5 lb. 15 oz.
Total Weight: 6 lb. 4 oz.
Packed Size: 7" x 24"
Pole Diameter: 8.5 mm
Use Rating: 3 Season
- Rain fly
- 7000 Series Aluminum Poles
- Pole Bag
- Stake Bag
- 7075 Aluminum Stakes
- Mesh Storage Pocket
- Tent Bag